Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
REF NO: HRM/YS/7/9/2023
Y-Save Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited was started in January 2000, as a saving scheme for the young workers ministry of Kampala Pentecostal Church (KPC). In November 2004 Y-Save was registered as a savings and cooperative organization (SACCO).
Y-Save changed to a Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society in May 2013 to cater for the other areas of business that the members wanted to get involved in corporately.
Job Summary: The Communication Officer will implement communication, and information dissemination through the appropriate communication channels according to the organizational policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all Correspondences with all Y-Save members.
- Handle all email communication to new members of Y-Save.
- To maintain proper updated documentation on both print and electronic media.
- To implement information dissemination programmes and activities.
- Take minutes of all the Y-Save meetings and staff meetings.
- Act as the ICT Liaison and manage all the ICT-related issues in Y-Save in liaison with the ICT Committee.
- Create digital copies of Y-Save members’ information in line with the ICT guidelines.
- To update a repository of members’ records on membership applications and other relevant communication materials.
- Manage the Y-Save members' databases, General members, and Neighborhood ladies.
- To provide technical guidance in responding to information-related concerns and queries from the members.
- To arrange and facilitate the translation of key communication messages into different languages.
- Any other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors bachelor’s degree in mass communication, Journalism, Communication studies or Public Relations, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Ethics and integrity
- Written and oral communication skills
- Team player and ability to network.
- Time management
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their applications to the Human Resources and Administrative Officer, Y-Save with the following attachments: Detailed Curriculum vitae (one of the two referees should be the current employer or most recent employer), copies of academic transcripts, certificates, appointment letters where applicable, three passport size photographs and a copy of their national Identity card.
Applications should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Y-Save Multipurpose Cooperative Society Limited P.O. Box 37191, Kampala and physically submitted not later than Tuesday 19th September 2023. Only the successful candidates will be contacted by Thursday 21st September 2023, and they should be prepared to be interviewed on Saturday 23rd September 2023.
Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to come along with the certified copies of academic documents, their original certificates including the Degree Transcript and Certificate, and a valid National Identity card.
In case of any inquiry, applicants can call Telephone Number 0414 250 878
Deadline: 19th September 2023
Y-Save Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society Ltd
Buganda Road Apartments Block 667 Suite A - Ground Floor,
Plot 50A-54A, P.O. Box 37191, Kampala - Uganda
Tel: +256 414 250878